So far everything appears to be going really well. The guy took a ton of different measurements and pointed out all the different body parts, from the four chambers of the heart, to the kidneys, the head, arms and legs, and even the tiny little hands. Apparently our little girl is going to be very ladylike because she kept her legs crossed pretty much the entire time. I was really afraid that we were never going to get a good shot and that we'd have to leave without finding out the sex. After quite a while, the ultrasound guy finally said that he was going to leave for a few minutes and would come back to try one last time. At this point, I got up and started jumping around the room, doing anything I could think of to possibly get her to uncross her legs. My husband just sat in his chair laughing at me and taking pictures with his iPhone (which reminds me, I need to delete those next time I can get ahold of his phone). Finally, the ultrasound guy came back for one more look and got one good shot of her with her legs uncrossed. In his heavy Japanese accent he said, "No boy parts, looks like girl." I had been absolutely convinced that we were having a boy, but he had been saying for weeks that he just knew it was a girl. So, I really hate to have to admit this, but I was wrong and he was right. We're both extremely excited though. In fact, some of the first words out of his mouth on the way home were, "I need more guns." He sounds just like my dad :)
![]() |
| Profile picture of Baby Morris. Don't worry, it took me until we got into the car and headed home to see it as well! |
In other news, I'm home alone again for a few weeks, but this time things are going a little better. Having Bosley here has definitely made it a little bit less lonely. It's nice having someone who's excited to see me walk through the door and someone who will curl up next to me at night. I also found out last week that I passed the last section of the CPA exam, so I'm FINALLY done studying!! Though I won't be certified until after I have a year of experience under a CPA, it's a huge relief to have this part of it behind me. So I'd like to say a big thank you to my family and everyone else who has prayed for me and these exams over the past year, to my friends for being so understanding all the times I had to stay at home to study, and most especially to my amazing husband, for all his love and support. I absolutely couldn't have done it without him standing beside me and encouraging me the entire time. Oh, and Bosley as well, who sat with me and watched more accounting lectures than he probably ever had any desire to see. :)

Congrats! Don't worry, you will figure out what you need...I was on the computer all the time and whatever decision you make will be great!
ReplyDeleteWOOHOO! Congrats, Audra! We're so excited for you guys and baby girl Morris!
ReplyDeleteYay audra!! So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteAww you are going to be a great mom, just ask Bosely! So do you have any possible names?
ReplyDeleteYay for girls! No worries on the "stuff" of baby- it will all come! :) We are currently about 20 weeks too so I know how you feel! We find out tomorrow what we are having! Glad you were able to find out! Joy!
ReplyDelete