 |
| Not so sure about the cake |
Saturday was your first birthday. I can't believe a whole year has gone by since the day you were born. You're not my sweet little cuddly baby anymore, you've grown into an adorable mischievous little girl. You've recently started walking, which scares me to death. I don't even want to think about all the new things you're going to be able reach and get into now. Even your puppy who loves you to pieces, senses the trouble this new development will bring for him. He barks at you as you run around the house pushing your new walker as if to say, "No, you're supposed to stay on the ground with me!" and then looks over at us like, "why on earth would you do this to me?" Though he still doesn't like sharing his food with you, which you can't seem to understand, you've taught him more about patience than you know. There were 6 other children at your birthday party on Sunday, several who were determined to chase him around, and he didn't try to bite a single one of them (that I'm aware of)!

 |
| Hmm, not too bad. |
You're far too cute for your own good. Your little smile absolutely lights up the room and gets you out of trouble more times than I care to admit. It's hard to stay mad about some mess you've made when you're grinning so proudly. No one can help but fall in love with you once they've seen your "sniffle-face."
 |
| Driving the grocery cart |
 |
| Peek-a-boo part 2 |
 |
| Peek-a-boo part 1 |
You love books, but not in the same way your mommy does. You rarely sit still long enough for me to read a whole one to you, but you love pulling them down from the shelf and opening and closing them. I keep hoping that if I stick with it, someday you'll love them as much as I do. We've been trying to teach you sign language, and so far, you've learned more signs than words. You can say "Da-da" and occasionally "Ma-ma" but you already know the signs for "milk," "food," and "more." Peek-a-boo is your absolute favorite game. No matter how upset you are, we can usually coax a smile from you by asking, "Where's my Kimber?" You love to hide behind the shower curtain, the coffee table, and the back of your hands. You're also a little daredevil, which terrifies mommy, but thrills your daddy. You squeal with glee every time your daddy throws you into the air while I hold my breath in fear.
 |
| Easter 2012 |
 |
| First trip to the park |
You have bested your father's cynical outlook. He is in awe of your continued success and amazing capacity for learning. He is convinced that your adventurous personality will take you far in life, and he is impressed by your desire to learn about the world around you. We already know that your kind smile and long eyelashes will make it hard for him to keep the boys away. His goal though is to make you so much more than just a pretty girl, but rather an empowered woman. I know you are one of the few things in this world he cherishes enough to spend his effort on. He loves you so much.
You've come so far in a year little girl. I can't even begin to imagine all the changes the next year will bring, but I look forward to each and every one. I love you so much sweetheart! - Mommy
 |
| Playing in the fountain |
 |
| Kimber and Bronson |
 |
| Birthday present from Mommy and Daddy! |
Wow, I am glad I saw her before her birthday: Kimber has changed even more in these past 3 weeks! Love the pictures, but also the descriptive writing! She is one *very loved* daughter and the absolute *BEST* little granddaughter in the world!
ReplyDeletethanks, Audra
YOu always do such an awesome job of telling about your life! Thanks for keeping us all up on what is going on in your lives! I love you bunches! Kimber is such an adorable little girl, and she looks so much like you! Can't wait to meet her again! Love you, Aunt M
ReplyDeleteIt is so exciting to see the pictures of Kimber you share with all of us. I totally miss seeing her since she was just a newborn when I saw here last. Auntie Jeana is soooo jealous of her beautiful hair and especially her hair in dog ears... I didn't have any hair until I was 2 years old. She comes from a long line of strong women in our family and that is where part of her spirit comes from! I love you Kimber!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little girl you have! Just 6 more weeks to my little's 1st birthday...where did this year go? Oh how I long for the baby stage again (but not the sleepless nights;-).
ReplyDelete