1. I now have purple hair. Well, not purple, but eggplant colored highlights, and I absolutely LOVE it!!! My mom believes this means she somehow failed me as a mother, but trust me, it actually looks good. I'm kind of sad though because I had it done this morning and the only person who's seen it is my husband. (Other than the cashier at the grocery store and I was a little disappointed that she didn't comment on how amazing my hair looked).
2. In my free time (hah) I'm attempting to learn Japanese for our upcoming move to Japan. So far I can say, "Hello" "Good Morning" "Thank You" "Nice weather isn't it?" "I am American" and "Excuse me, do you speak English?" I think that should last me my first 5 minutes in the country. After that, I'm kind of screwed.
3. I'm kind of a huge booknerd. Last year I read 105 books. Usually, I've got 3 books going on at once. One I'm reading normally, one I listen to in my car, and another I listen to while I'm running. This year I've started out quite a bit slower considering I do nothing but study all day long.
4. I'm a Texas girl born and bred. However, I don't like country music or spicy food.
5. Don't tell my husband, but I secretly like the surround sound system he bought when we first moved to Jacksonville. Even though he bought it without telling me. When he's not here, I crank up Alt Nation on Sirius and dance around my house pretending I'm Emily Haines or Karen O.
6. I can't wait to have kids of my own so I can actually have an excuse to see all the crappy movies I want without feeling like a huge dork. Seriously, how awesome was The Squeakual! I'll admit it, when the mean manager made fun of Eleanor for being short, and then Theodore told her she looked better as she was, I teared up a little.
7. I'm starting to get pretty nervous about our move. We're still months away, but every once in a while I get hit with a sense of, "wow, this is actually happening." I'll think of something else that I'm going to miss over the next 3 years and I'll start to freak out a little. We've gotten in touch with our sponsor family and they sound great. I've yet to hear anyone who's lived there say anything negative about it, so that makes me feel a little better.
I don't know that I actually know seven other bloggers, so mine are: Rebekah, Sarah, and Brittany. Goodnight all!
First, you have to read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series!! I trust you with HP and now you have to trust ME with this :)
ReplyDeleteSecond, I need pics of your hair!
Third, we both needs daughters so we dont feel so embarrassed about our teen movie obsession :). I still have not found a friend that will see them with me like you did :(
You need no excuse to watch kid/teen movies. Presley was far too young to enjoy the Christmas claymation specials on TV. Do you think that stopped me? No, says I.
ReplyDeleteLove you!